Phone #: +38 (044) 521-32-64
Room: 412, 4th floor
Head of the department: Olena Chuiko, Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor. Specialist in the field of psychology of social work, pedagogical and development psychology, organization of inclusive educational environment of higher educational institutions.
The Department of Social Rehabilitation and Social Pedagogy was established in 2016. The opening of the Department is connected with a new stage of social work establishment in Ukraine, which marks the development of social work as a branch of scientific knowledge, extensive practice, vocational training and an integral part of social service.
The Department is a member of the European Association of Schools of Social Work (EASSW).
The main tasks of the Department are as follows:
- introduction of a training competent model of mental health professionals;
- participation in the development of educational and professional standards of social work;
- participation in international and Ukrainian research projects aimed at developing and learning of restorative practices in the field of social work;
- human resourcing for specialized state and non-governmental institutions and institutions for social and social-pedagogical rehabilitation;
- providing expert counseling services on rehabilitation practices in social work.
The main directions of educational activity of the department: The department of social rehabilitation and social pedagogy provides professional training in the specialty 231 Social work at the three educational and qualification levels of higher education:
Bachelor's Degree - educational and professional programs “Social Pedagogy” (full-time)
Master's degree - educational and professional programs "Social rehabilitation" (full-time), "Social pedagogy" (full-time); Social inclusion (correspondence)
Doctor of Philosophy PhD - Social Science educational program (part-time/extramural).
The learning process is based on the idea of developing the subjectivity of the student through the compulsory inclusion of them in vocational-oriented practices during university study (volunteer, research, project, clinical practice), widespread use of interactive teaching methods (discussions, trainings, ODIforms, simulations) games, project forms of learning, etc.), in-depth learning of English. The department provides full support to the academic mobility programs of students (Finland, Germany, Hungary), the training of students in the double diploma program (Poland). The School of Social Leadership is open at the department as a platform for developing leadership initiatives and student social activity.
The Department of Social Rehabilitation and Social Pedagogy employs 4 Doctors of Science, 8 Candidates of Sciences, 3 Professors, 5 Assistant Professors.
The Department publishes and edits the scientific-periodical Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Social work.
The Department of Social Rehabilitation and Social Pedagogy cooperates with international non-governmental organizations and programs (UNDP, UNICEF, Global Ecological Fund), leading state scientific institutions (G.S. Kostiuk Institute of Psychology
of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Social and Political Psychology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine), leading faculties and departments of higher educational institutions of Ukraine, where social workers and social educators are trained.
Upon graduation, graduates will have the following career opportunities:
- in socially-oriented institutions, enterprises, organizations, institutions of state and non-state ownership.
- in educational and social-psychological institutions, subordinate to the Ministry of Social Policy, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Health (on positions of: assistant teacher of social work with children with disabilities, teacher-rehabilitator assistant, leisure organization specialist, social educator, healthy lifestyle consultant, social worker, social pathologist, social work specialist; other professionals, professionals and leaders of rehabilitation institutions (centers) of persons with disabilities, centers of social and psychological assistance, centers of social and psychological rehabilitation of children, centers (institutions) of social services, etc.).
- in international organizations, foundations, representative offices, socially oriented projects.